Directors And Officers Liability
Serving as a director on the board of a company has never been more risky than today. Regulatory Scrutiny, expensive investigations and lengthy litigation against both directors and the corporate entity place at stake not only the personal assets of individuals, but also the reputation of all involved parties. In the current economic climate you need the added protection of management liability insurance to support you and your businesses and you will be surprised to hear:
- You are five times more likely to be a defendant in an employment tribunal than suffer a fire loss
- Race discrimination awards average more than £30k excluding legal costs, There is no limit to compensation in discrimination cases
- There has been a 24% increase in dishonest actions by staff by theft or deception
- Directors can face upto 2 years imprisonment for health and safety breaches
- It is 90% more likely that an Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Claim will be made against the company rather than the individual, and we can now offer this extension to our policies.
- With prices starting at £126 per year for a D&O + Entity policy covering £250,000