Unoccupied Property Insurance

Insuring an unoccupied house or business can seem complicated although here at Alfa Insurance no matter if your property is a commercial unit or residential vacant house between tenants, in probate, awaiting planning permission or refurbishment we able to offer Unoccupied Property Insurance policies at competitive premiums on a short term or annual basis. The main point to consider when insuring an unoccupied property insurance policy is the level of cover you require ranging from F.L.E.A Only cover (Fire, Lightning, Explosion & Aircraft) to wider perils that can include theft and storm depending on what works are planned along with the security at the premises. We will ask how long the property has been vacant and the intended period before it will be occupied so as we can tailor your insurance accordingly.

We can note any banks interest on this policy and include Index Linking if required by the lender. With the wording reading as follows:

Section one (buildings): The House Rebuilding Cost Index issued by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

Section two (contents): The Consumer Durables Section of the General Index of Retail Prices or a similar index selected by us.


For a quotation on unoccupied property insurance please email your property details to or ring the office on 0208 923 7558 and one of our advisers will be able to offer you a same day quotation or alternatively please send us the information via our contact page.

If however you are curious of the cost of the insurance once your property is occupied please visit our property quotation page