When forming a Residents Association or Property Management Company this brings with it further responsibilities with regards to injuries or damage caused within communal areas, An example of a Residents Association Insurance or as it would be correctly known as Public Liability claim would be it for instance the postman was to trip or damage his vehicle on your privately owned land due to a negligence on your part he would attempt to recover damages from the Residents Association Insurance. Due to this we can now offer public liability quotations to run in unison with your property insurance to cover public liability within communal areas by contacting the office on 0208 923 7558.
The other consideration to make is within your duties and responsibilities as a Director or Officer of the formed company, No matter if you have formed a Residents Association, Management Company or Resident Company Limited by guarantee serving as a director on the board of a company has never been more risky than today. Regulatory Scrutiny, expensive investigations and lengthy litigation against both directors and the corporate entity place at stake not only the personal assets of individuals, but also the reputation of all involved parties. In the current economic climate you need the added protection of management liability insurance to support you and your businesses and you will be surprised to hear:
- You are five times more likely to be a defendant in an employment tribunal than suffer a fire loss
- Race discrimination awards average more than £30k excluding legal costs, There is no limit to compensation in discrimination cases
- There has been a 24% increase in dishonest actions by staff by theft or deception
- Directors can face upto 2 years imprisonment for health and safety breaches
- It is 90% more likely that an Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Claim will be made against the company rather than the individual, and we can now offer this extension to our policies.
- With prices starting at £126 per year for a D&O + Entity policy covering £250,000