Unoccupied Thatched Property Insurance
Finding the right insurance product for your unoccupied thatched property insurance is very important, there are some very different insurance policies available and you need to know that when a claim happens you have the right policy for your needs.
We are an independent insurance broker and we have secured the best possible terms from a number of insurers, this ensures our bespoke service to you offers both the very best cover and just as importantly competitive pricing. And we make very certain that the professional service levels you expect from ourselves are mirrored by these same insurers.
Please call us on 0208 923 7558 or fill out the Thatched-Or-Listed-Property-Proposal-Form and submit this to us by email or fax, with a normal turn around time of quotations in one working day . (our normal office hours are Mon-Fri 9-5).
Minimum premiums start as low as £250 we can tailor make a policy to suit your own individual requirements, leaving you paying for only the covers you require. No jargon, just straight forward advice and quick comprehensive cover.
Tips on how to reduce the cost of your Insurance:
We understand that due to the nature of unoccupied Thatch Properties you are restricted in certain aspects due to Grade Listings of each individual building. Here are a few tips which could help in reducing the cost of your insurances each year.
- Electrical Inspections – ensuring that the properties electrics are maintained and free of any remedial works with up to date inspections by a qualified contractor
- Chimney Inspections – ensuring your chimneys are inspected annually by a qualified contractor maintaining a good state of repair
- Roof Inspections – ensuring that your roof or ridge is inspected by a qualified Thatcher annually and any repairs recommended, rectified
- Fire Security – ensuring that the property has at least 1 to 2 fire extinguishers and smoke alarms on each floor
- Window locks, screws or catches – The more physical security the less the premium – simple
- Door Security – 5 lever mortice deadlocks and bolts on front and rear doors
Covers can be secured for the following types of Thatched Properties:
If you’ve owned a thatched property for a long time then no doubt you’ve had need to speak to your local Roof Thatcher, but if you’re new or just been fortunate then perhaps you dont know anybody to help when things go wrong. We’ve linked up with several qualified professional thatchers so when the time comes we are organised, quick and ready. See below some of the links and feel free to contact them directly if its just simple advice you need.
- Thatched Household/Cottages
- Thatched Barns
- Thatched Holiday Homes
- Thatched Estates
- Thatched Taverns/Inns
- Thatched Public Houses
- Any of the above properties Grade Listed I, II, II*
- Commercial Thatched Properties
Different Types of Thatched Roofs:
There are three main types of thatch, Water Reed, Wheat Reed and Long Straw – and our insurers are used to covering all of these. We are aware that sometimes a combination of materials has been used, and to differing depths, but we always seem to have an insurance solution, so no matter what construction your roof or whether its grade 1,2 or 3 listed – call us today